- To increase the accessibility and inclusiveness of the environment for people with visual impairments.
- To promote awareness and understanding of the needs and challenges faced by blind and visually impaired people.
- To advocate for policies and practices that promote the rights of blind and visually impairepeople and ensure their full participation in society.
- To assess the accessibility of public places, buildings, transport and other infrastructure for blind and visually impaired people and make recommendations for improvement. To provide training and support to individuals, organisations and businesses to create an accessible environment and meet the needs of people with visual impairments.
- To work with local authorities and community groups to raise awareness and protect the rights and needs of blind and visually impaired people.
- To provide blind and visually impaired people and their families with information and resource on how to access services, supports and opportunities in their communities.
- To conduct research and assess the accessibility of the environment for the blind and visually impaired and provide recommendations for changes in policy and practice.
- Local authorities and politicians responsible for developing and implementing policies related to accessibility and inclusion.
- Business owners and managers who have an interest in creating an accessible environment and meeting the needs of blind and visually impaired customers and employees.
- Architects and planners involved in the design and construction of buildings, public spaces and transport infrastructure.
- Non-governmental organisations and community groups that work with blind and visually impaired people and are interested in raising awareness and protecting their rights and needs.
- Educational institutions that serve students who are blind or visually impaired and are interested in creating an accessible environment and providing inclusive education.
- Individuals and families of people who are blind or visually impaired who are seeking information and support on how to access services, resources and opportunities in their communities.
Liepaja Society of the Blind and Visually Impaired
about teacher education
Course completion certificate
Fundamentals of Digital Accessibility
society of the disabled and their friends Apeirons.